POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : erosion structures (77k) : erosion structures (77k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  erosion structures (77k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Oct 2001 04:52:48
Message: <3BD52FDF.36E0175B@gmx.de>
Isosurfaces with pigment functions are a really nice thing to play with.
You can spend hours searching for nice structures in the noise...

But in combination with radiosity it is really slow.  I rendered this in
several parts and no more know the exact render time, but it has been
several days in total.

I wonder if adaptive accuracy would be useful for isosurfaces.  As visible
in the near foreground the accuracy value is too high here, but the
horizon part would look all right with even higher values and would be
much faster then.  Of course I could try to split it up in several
objects, but avoiding the gap between is difficult.

Radiosity quality settings are fairly high (error_bound 0.05) but the
structures in the shadow could still profit from better settings.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

Attachments: